Friday, May 28, 2010

YIPEEE...ITS FRIDAY!

Good Morning everyone!
Have ya missed me? I have missed me too. I have been very very sick! YUCKY! Been in bed for about 4-5 days, I did/do NOT have time for this right now. Its Graduation season and I am trying to finish up several projects! eek!

Well, speaking of that, on to a sweet little project I have completed for a friends daughter who is Graduating from High School. She is a REAL cowgirl! She was accepted into the Equestrian program at Baylor University and really really excited about that. She has been riding horses and the likes since we have known this family (she was like 8 when we meet them!). I wanted her card and gift to be something that reflected her. I have been "building" it in my mind for a while!

The necklace I created using a DOMINO....I so love this, and this particular one is the #10 (for 2010) get it? ***giggle*** I covered the front with a neat Happy Trails Paper, then used a "cowgirl" I found at a small scrap store in Salado. I added the little pink bling and colored just a tad with my copics! :-) Then covered the whole thing with Diamond Glaze to be sure everything stayed put!

 As for her card, I found a great "grad cap" template online and printed and cut that out in Purple (That is her school colors Purple and White) Yet again I used some pieces from the paper I found at the scrap store and created the card...I LOVE it! Cowgirls do it better!!! ***giggle giggle*** For the inside, I created a small tag and stamped the "congrats grad" and "we are proud of you" from my Studio G stamps (love em!).

Then for the box, I covered that in the same Happy trails paper I used for the necklace and inked up the sides of the box, added some cotton batting and WA LA!! There you have it! :-)


I think she will love it, let me know what you think!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I love this set and think that she will too. I like the way everything co-ordinates.

    kilroy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lucky daughter, can i be adopted !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Shelly your friends daughter will love this! It's beauitful! I'd love to know how you attached the loop for the cord to slide on...wonderful card too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelly~ what a wonderful gift. I think this is such a thoughtful gift and you geared it towards her interests.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cool...I've wanted to try this but just haven't. Yours turned out so well I might just have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving sweet blessings!