Saturday, May 9, 2009

What a great day!

Well, today has been a really great day! We (DH, MIL, & Me...DS was already there :-) went to my Moma M's & Dad's today. They live on a Ranch, far from any town....I mean FAAARRR! I love going out there, it is so peaceful.

As most you have heard me say we live in the country...but we still have neighbors, 5 acres away. They have NONE for atleast 7 miles! :-0 Anyway, Dad is a wonderful gardener and thier yard is always gorgeous! So we had t-bone for lunch, Moma M's son came down from Dallas and he sang some with his guitar. It was just very relaxing...OK enough of that, I could go on and on! LOL

I going to show you the little gifts I made for Moma M and my Moma (MIL)...they really loved them and inside where two small seed starter plants...they both loved those!

Ok, first was for Moma (MIL), she loves green & flowers. I created the box using Lauren Meader's, My Timeless Templates, which I won as blog candy from Dana, last week! WOO HOO I love this BOX!!! So many possibilites! The card is a flower pot pocket card...she loved it! I am going to enter this one in the "It's a GIRL THING" over at verve to win a gift certificate! Check it out here! You just have till Thursday the 14th! HURRY!

Moma M is a Red Hatter, so I had to make her a hat card, why did I not use red hatter colors you ask....I am a DORK, I was really sleepy when I was finishing it up so...thats my story! She still loved it anyway!

On our way home through the country side, I stopped to take a picture of this cactus in bloom...they are so pretty when they bloom!

So there you have it...a great day! Tomorrow is Church (I am wearing a gorgeous Corsage which Jory (DS) gave me today by the way) and hopefully some stampin.

Happy Mothers day all have a blessed Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. Shelly!! these are fantastic! I am so glad you shared with me and that you are loving Lauren's templates. I love your boxes and your cards are a PERFECT compliment to your project and to suit your Momas' interests. You should definitely share with Lauren too...she loves to know her templates are making so many happy people and projects. I can't wait to see what else you do with them. Way to go, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your projects and the catcus is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at those cute boxes! You are so brave to attempt things like that - and have them come out so well. Glad you had a nice day - hope your Mother's Day was just as nice of a day if not better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such beautiful gifts! I love that little hat card. Thanks for playing along with our project parade!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving sweet blessings!